Thursday, October 22, 2009

No biting!!! By Matthew

That's my new facebook profile pic...like it? So, Hailey and I were playing in the basement after lunch yesterday. She just started walking full time, so it's more fun to be around her...she's not always underfoot! Mommy was down there, but she was pretty tired. I think I was too, but I can't remember...they say my short term memory will get better, but I don't know what's going on half the time!

So, we were playing with all of our toys. We are pretty lucky because we have lots of choices. Hailey was playing with the bead toy (not really sure what it's called, but it's a bunch of different colored wires with beads on them...they have them at the library and the doctor's office...they're cool). I was in my car acting pretty cool when I decided that I wanted to play with the beads too. Now, if there's one thing that I've learned about Hailey, it's that she doesn't really like to play with me. She thinks I'm too rough...I told her that's just the way I am and that she needs to accept me for who I am...she laughed and walked away. Anyway, I walked over to the bead toy and proceeded to knock her down so that I could play with it. The way I figure it, if she doesn't want to play with me, she can get out of my way. Mommy started to get mad at me for knocking Hailey down...rightfully so...it wasn't very nice.

So, I'm standing up at the bead toy and Hailey is on the floor. By this point, she's crying because she's mad at me. It must be a woman thing...crying out of anger. Mommy was annoyed at what I had done, but then Hailey decided to take things into her own hands. She grabbed my butt and sank her teeth into it! She's a biter, but I had no idea she'd sink this low! I was really shocked...not shocked enough to stop playing, but shocked enough to decide this was blog-worthy.

Mommy couldn't believe her eyes. She said, "Hailey, no biting!" Hailey ignored her and kept her chompers right where they were. Then I realized something...not only did I have a diaper on cushioning the teeth, but I had also taken a nice poopy after lunch. I'm sure that Hailey didn't anticipate that when she bit down on my butt cheek! I think Mommy realized the same thing that I did because she stopped yelling and just kind of laughed. It is pretty funny if you think about it. Maybe that will teach her to stop biting!

I don't know if Hailey knew what was going on, but she did have a look on her face afterward like she had eaten something bad...if she only knew!


Go Yankees!!!! Too bad Daddy is a Phillies fan...hahahahahahahahaaaaaa!! Mommy gets to dress us!

3 comments:

Denise said...

This will be a great story to tell their future girlfriends and boyfriends when they are older!

Manda said...

tell hailey that i want to hear her side...

Our Life in Pixels said...

Boys are always asking to be bitten...at least that is what I was taught :)
Love the shirts, even though I'm a Red Sox fan :)