Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Think I Like What You're Wearing...

I got both babies dressed today and they took a minute to size each other up (meaning they started at each other for a couple of minutes for no particular reason...just staring). Here's my version of what was going on in their heads:

M: Hailey, do you like my outfit?
H: I don't know...isn't it a little butch?
M: I'm a BOY!!!
H: Oh, it makes more sense now...what's a boy?
M: I don't know, but being one means that I get to wear clothing that has footballs on it and that's cool.
H: Okay, whatever...what about mine?
M: It's a little old for you, isn't it?
H: What do you mean?
M: Well, the whole rosebud pattern? It's a little old lady-ish.
H: I see what you mean, but I think I can get away with it b/c I look so young.
M: You do look young.
H: Thanks...I eat a lot of Omega-3 fatty acids.
M: Well, it's doing well for you.
H: So, you never told me whether or not you like it.
M: Well, I wouldn't wear it, but you're really doing it justice.
H: Thanks...now, let's start whining again so Mommy will sing more songs!

No comments: